Thursday, October 24, 2013

DIY Ruffle T-shirt Makeover

So today when I saw this outside.....
 I decided I would stay inside and do this...
seems like a good idea right?

But then I got a little bored so I decided I should do something contsructive and pick something off my list of fun things to do and settled on making over a t-shirt I've been planning on doing for awhile. It was super fast and easy to do, so here's the tutorial. Enjoy:

 So I've had this shirt for quite some time. I bought it at Old Navy on clearance and after wearing it a few times decided that it needed something extra...
So I picked up this lace from Wal-mart. It was pretty cheap. Don't really remember how much it was. Didn't have to get very much of it to do the job either.
 So I took the lace and pinned it under the first sort of layer on the shirt...
 and then cut how long I wanted it...
 and then pinned up the rest.
 here's the first piece of lace all pinned up.
 and then the second.
 and then I moved the pins down so that I would have room to sew...
 and I decided to hand sew it because I have no clue how to use a sewing machine and I don't even own one. But if you have a sewing machine you should definitely use it if you know how because I'm sure it will hold up better and last longer, but I'm not planning on wearing this shirt everyday so it should be ok.  

 the first piece all sewn on...
 and we're done!

 and it goes a lot better with my new leather jacket or a cardigan...


So that's it! Hope you enjoyed it and have a fantastic weekend!
-Jaimee (:

No comments:

Post a Comment